Dec 29, 2006

My Home School


On the 23 Dec, I was back to my home school – Hang Seng School of Commerce (HSSC) for a X'mas Gathering at my Teacher's Home. Ms Ng has been my closest teacher for these years, she is the one who encourage me to continue my study in England (since I was thinking of giving-up the scholarship and studying journalism in Hong Kong). In other words, she was a very critical person in my life. A few weeks before, I told me that I do not regret to study abroad as it has been a lifetime experience which make me see things from a boarder view. Ms. Ng: Thanks very much for your advice!

On that day, I met many graduates from HSSC and I am the second oldest graduate. My senior was a Chartered Accountant and now has his own CPA firm. He used to be the chairman of Student Society and shall be counted as an “activist”. He told us that he just completed a Master Course from Kellogg's Business School (at HK by HKUST). It costs him more than $700,000… wow…such a “luxurious” master course.

His coursemates are from very diverse backgrounds and they fly from their home countries, like Singapore, Tai Wan and Philippine to attend course every week. They have to stay over at the school quarters for 2-3 days too. However, what he have learnt most is WINE & GOLF ….. are they the necessities for a successful businesses executive ?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Connection is very important. In this cruelty 'yin sat' world, it is "WHO YOU KNOW" and not "WHAT YOU KNOW"