Dec 23, 2006

Winter Solstice

Yesterday, it was the "Winter Solstice". In Chinese, there is some old words that "Winter Solstice" is a even more important festival than Chinese New Year ! It is a time for family reunion.


My mum as usual cooked a lots of food for the festival and one of my favourites is Fired Prawn with Tomato Saucse... yummy ! My family always prefer seafood as my parents used to be living along the seaside. They used to catch fishes , oysters and other kind of seafood.

However, in the last few months, there were so many news about the unsafe seafoods. As many of them are imported from Mainland, people are adding different chemicals to make them look fresher. The latest news come with my most favourate type of fish ( see the photos) and the chemicals applied are used for dead body.. oh my god ! You know every time I ate at least more than 6-8 fishes...

Don't know that also happening in other regions... feel so unsafe with our food quality.

No comments: