Jun 20, 2007

My very first Cuttlefish …

As living in Hong Kong, one of the hottest activities in summer times is boating. However, as renting a boat is quite expensive (abt 3-5 thousand dollars a day), people usually have to gather a group which is big enough to share the costs. However, I hardly find any group that I could join in the past times.


After years of waiting, my virgin “boat trip” in HK came last Saturday and what we did is fishing for cuttlefish at nighttime. Shouldn’t use the word “fishing” but “hooking”. We drop a hook to the sea and keep pulling the fishing line up and down to attract the cuttlefish. (A spot light was pointing to the sea and created reflection to the hook). Once the cuttlefish gets caught, it will squeeze its ink out and therefore we had to be very careful to make sure that no inks was left inside its body…. Finally, we got 3 cuttlefishes in total and we had a “Master” as its size is much bigger than the others …

Warning to my ex-flatmates: the following photos might cause discomfort to you!

1 comment:

CL said...

hehe... nice catch. I like cuttlefish. Deep fried cuttlefish. Yummy!