Jun 30, 2007

Ten Years ...

Tomorrow is the 10th anniversary of Hong Kong handover to China. This 10 years have been a really remarkable times for most of the people in Hong Kong. We passed over the Asian Financial Crisis, the SARS and the strike in 1 July 2003 .....

This times, I would like to share my personal changes in this ten years with you :

1. Age
Ten years before, I was only 18 ! So young and innocent ! Today, I am being called as "Auntie Jane "

2. Education
I got a degree from Birmingham University, not very tought couse but I had to face many new chanllenges of starting a new life in another country. I still remembered that the frist day I arrived England - taking coach from Heathrow, ariving in coach station of Birmingham and reaching Griffin Close with cap.. all just happened yesterday.

3. Career
I spent 3 years in Banking but found that I am not satisfy with numercial works. I started my adventure in exhibitions and it was one of the jobs I like most. Today, I am i the field of marketing of property. It is also an interesting job but I need to decide whether I should stay in this field or not... let's time to prove.

4. Family
In deed, it was the area that sought my concern most. My parents are getting old and all my younger brothers and sister all went to work now ! The times we could dinner with all the members become less and less ( about 1 per week). But luckily, we are still very united and close with each other. Especially, my relationship with my elder brother seems getting better and I always feel that we could be together to handle all the problems !

5. Love Affair
Yes, in the 10 years time , I've spent 8 years with the same guy ! At this moment, he is my Mr. Rigth... and hope same to the future ! God bless us!

6. Interests
I learnt swimming ( yvonne, remember that I was almost drowned in B'ham) and snowboarding. It was really a big change to me as I used to be very lazy of doing exercises. Started from last years, I have also developed my new interest - Yoga.. hope I could continue this .... coz Yoga is claimed to be ANTI-AGING !

7. Friends
I am lucky that I have met many good friends in the ten years. My flatmates and seniors in B'ham, my ex-colleagues ... all are still very close to me and we can really "talk". This is very important coz friends are the one who support you hold and belief, whenever you fall !

To conclude, I wish the next coming 10 years would be another good times to me ... I guess I will have quite a dramatic changes .. let's wait and see !

Dear Chairman Wu,

Thanks for coming over to see us in HK. You are the "CEO" in China and I hope you will lead us to a new era - a country which is prospect in terms of both economic and political and therefore we could really become a strong and healthy nation and being recognized in the world !

Salute to Chairman Wu !

1 comment:

etceteramommy said...

Hahha.. yeah.. the coach just pulled away the floater. How horrible.. but okay ma.. u learnt thru the process. Now u could swim well.. :D